Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup


This is definitely our go to recipe on a cold day. It is so quick and easy, you just throw all the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning and come home to a nice soup for dinner.  Sorry I don't have nice pictures to go along with this recipe.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 pound of chicken breast
2 cans of original Rotel
2 cans of black beans
1 4oz. can of green chilis
1 can of tomato sauce
1 cup of salsa (I use medium)

Cook on low for 8 hours in crock pot. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream if desired. I just like cheese and saltine crackers with mine. :)



 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Chicken Tortilla Soup! Anything that cooks all day in the crock pot is fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cold and icy here so I made this for dinner and the hubs loved it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete