Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cheesy Squash & Zucchini Casserole

Last night, Ray and I had bacon and cheddar burgers from Publix for dinner. We grill these about once a week these days and I was sick and tired of french fries, so I bought some squash and zucchini and made this yummy casserole to go with them! I meant to take step by step pictures, but of course I am no pioneer woman and I forgot, so sorry!

What you Need:  
small yellow squash and 2 zucchini
 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
2 eggs
1/3 cup of milk
1/2cup of melted butter
1 cup of crushed Ritz Crackers
 
Wash and chop squash and zucchini in small pieces and boil with salt for 15 minutes or until soft. 
Drain well.
In a medium size bowl, mix cheese with squash mixture. Beat eggs and stir into milk. Add to squash mixture. Pour one-half of squash mixture into a 2 quart casserole baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs over and pour 1/2 of melted butter. Pour remaining squash mixture and repeat with remaining crumbs and melted butter on top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment