Saturday, July 9, 2011

Zucchini Bread

My FIL has an amazing garden and we have been fortunate to receive all kinds of great veggies this summer from him. Yesterday I made this amazing zucchini bread. I found the original recipe on pinterest, but changed it up a little because when I started making it, realized I didn't have the exact spices it called for. It still turned out to be very delicious!!

What you Need: 
2 cups grated zucchini, about 3 small to medium zucchinis (I used the largest zucchini in the picture above and it was exactly two cups.)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ tsp all spice
¼ tsp cloves (Did not have this so I just doubled up on the all spice)
¼ tsp nutmeg (I used ginger instead)
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
¾ C oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

The first thing I did was cut the zucchini and put it in my chopper just so it would be ready when I needed it.
Then mix all the dry ingredients together:

Then whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and oil in a large bowl:

Next, gradually stir in dry ingredients:

Finally, add zucchini: 

Mix well: 

Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch loaf pan: 

Bake for 60 minutes on 350 degrees. Let sit in loaf pan about 10 minutes after taking out of the oven.

Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment